Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:44:50 +0200
Kunael wrote:

>> I don't personally use YaST much other than for installing the odd
>> package, and the only thing I might be missing is support for JFS at
>> installation time. Why don't you list what you'd like to see in YaST
>> in the future? What functionality you're missing right now etc. I'm
>> sure that would be great, much-needed input for the SUSE guys.
>
> Yes, you've got a reason.
> Specially the front-end/module for iptables/SuSEfirewall is really
> poor (IMHO).

I think there is page for suggestions like this - can't remember where
though.
Just as a comment - I've never used YaST for maintaining my firewall
scripts, but I have a suspicion that iptables might just be one of
those areas that are very difficult to do a one-size-fits-all GUI for -
simply because of the many different possibilities.

/Per Jessen, Zürich
Still disappointed that my first Ubuntu attempt crashed and burned.