Re: [opensuse] The state of openSUSE
  • From: Kunael <kunael4@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:30:55 +0200
I'm completely agree with you. An add one more: I've got the feeling that one
mistake has been try to include more than enough things. So, we've several
examples (IMHO), such as:

- Packet management. YaST (packet manager module), YUM, Smart, APT4RPM,
Kick.. ¿are really needed all of these? Sometimes I feel it as a joke. I
think the way is concentrate the efforts in _ONE_ package management
solution.

- YaST. Without any kind of doubts, YaST has been, is and will the main
strengh of SUSE. So... ¿Is it recieved the needed atention and developing
improvement? Personally, I don't see a great improvements since 8.2/9.0
versions.

I repeat: IMHO. Obviously I appreciate sincerely the efforts of developers
(SUSE team and contributors from community) but there're things to improve.

So, I throw a hard question to resolve:

¿Why Ubuntu is more popular tha SUSE despite thier young life?

Maybe the response of that question can help the grow and improving of our
community.