[opensuse] Working on Software Translations After the Release (Re: bug fix support by community)
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:07:50 +0200
Reading old mails...

jdd, I like your idea about polishing the distribution once the product
is released. As Christoph and others said, we now can offer those
updates using the openSUSE Build Service. If not already done, I
propose to start a "translation" Project and to add some yast2-trans
packages for testing. Is "translation" ("Translation"?) a good name?
What about "L10N"? "Localization"?

The packages will require some adjustments to make them build smoothly
outside of our internal SVN system. More precisely, building works, but
for best results preparation steps are required which are usually done
within the SVN. This part we will move to the developer.novell.com
servers some time soon. For preliminary information, see
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Localization_Guide

All this could be better discussed on the opensuse-translation ML, to
where I'll forward the translation aspect of this thread. Please
subscribe to the opensuse-translation ML!

jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> in fact, if I correctly see, this is nothing more than a
> building / bugfix system for documentation/translation...
>
> As you see, I think the documentation at large is that part
> where the community can be the most usefull, because anybody
> can proofread a screen.

Yes, the same could be done for documentation, but do not underestimate
the work involved...

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Key fingerprint = B2A3 AF2F CFC8 40B1 67EA 475A 5903 A21B 06EB 882E