Re: [opensuse] XFCE4
  • From: Daniel Bertolo <daniel.bertolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:16:53 +0200
Am Montag, 17. Juli 2006 12:43 schrieb Chuck Payne:
> I think that would be great, I been using XFCE now for 6 months and I
> love the fact it does use as much memory as Gnome/KDE. And that you
> can use both of windowmanager apps with it.

Yes, indeed. I installed it on my old laptop (P-III 650MHz, 256 MB RAM). With
XFCE having both Firefox and Thunderbird opened, it uses just a bit more than
200 MB of memory and everything works fastly.

I tried to install Xubuntu but had problems activating the e100-NIC. And the
Prism-based WLAN PC card did not work either. So, I decided to go back to
SUSE and install 10.1 (with the NetworkManager) and XFCE.

> It would be nice to have XFCE built that were opensuse friendly.
>
> I am not programmer, but a sysadmin that love to use it and give feed
> back on it.

Me not, either. But I managed to get XFCE up and running within minutes. But I
would love to see a group of people to go to the time and effort of improving
XFCE on openSUSE.

Dani