Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:34:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

Michael should do it himself. Between technicians, only direct
contacts are prosperous. ;-)) Christoph is currently doing only port
80 redirects, and maybe a technical discussion between Michael and
Christoph is the best next step.

+ ftp://

Let them directly discuss what is possible and what is best.
From my view, I would prefer http connections to the mirrors (port80, not
8080). Less overhead against ftp.

Redirecting HTTP requests to FTP servers doesn't sound 'polite' to me,
though CURL (and I guess most browsers) would be able to handle redirects
like that...

IMO we should stick with HTTP redirects.

Yes.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)