Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:31:59 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Christoph Thiel wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

A possible next step would be to use the already very much refined, very
sophisticated redirection mechanism of download.opensuse.org.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly: Are you suggesting to use the
download.openSUSE.org infrastructure to track the mirror status of
drpmsync mirrors and use it's cache to redirect users to different
drpmsync mirrors?

(At the moment SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/* is blacklisted in
download.openSUSE.org, because it takes quite some time to cache the
directory contents of that part of the ftp-tree...)

OK, so forget it for now, or direct them all to ftp-1.gwdg.de.
But before integrate /pub/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/ into the rsync push service.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)