Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:41:38 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> A possible next step would be to use the already very much refined, very
> sophisticated redirection mechanism of download.opensuse.org.

I'm not sure if I understand correctly: Are you suggesting to use the
download.openSUSE.org infrastructure to track the mirror status of
drpmsync mirrors and use it's cache to redirect users to different
drpmsync mirrors?

(At the moment SL-OSS-factory/drpmsync/* is blacklisted in
download.openSUSE.org, because it takes quite some time to cache the
directory contents of that part of the ftp-tree...)

Regards
Christoph