Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:19:48 +0200
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 03:01:41PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> No, I don't need. If Novell insists in keeping all of the vital
> infrastructure of the openSUSE project prorietary

drpmsync isn't proprietary. Stop spreading nonsense.

> and you exploit that fact
> refusing to keep the discussion on a senseful level by not providing arguments
> for your opinions then I should most likely opt out at this point. In that
> case every further minute I invest here seems to be a complete waste of time
> and I should prefer investing that time in preparing my move to Vancouver.

Sure, if that suits you better, go ahead.

> > What you're saying is like "the rsync server should put the contents
> > on disk".
>
> Whoever puts it there. It should be visible through traditional protocols like
> rsync to support mirrors that do not run drpmsync _without_ the need to
> contact a single point of failure server before.

You didn't get my point: I said that arguing that drpmsync should put
its filelist on disk is like saying that rsync should put its (i.e.
rsync's) internal file list on the disk.

The main problem with this is just that the data is outdated if
there's an update just running, so you'll get a lot more errors
about missing files than when the filelist is generated on the fly.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx