Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:20:23 +0200
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 12:58:47PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> It would be a very good idea if you argued why you think this is a bad idea.
> Just postulating this does not really convince me.

Actually I don't need to convince you. You need to convince me.

> Actually the contents file as shipped from the drpmsync server is an index
> over the repository. So what's actually wrong with shipping it _with_ the
> repository. I mean you are also shipping repository meta data although they
> could be provided by a proprietary protocol server as well.

What you're saying is like "the rsync server should put the contents
on disk".

I just changed the format of the on-disk filelist. It now includes
an id and a md5sum. Please update to the current svn version.
It now also supports on-disk filelist gzip compression.

(As you can see I'm working in your direction, so that we can
easily add a drpmsync.filelist file)

Micha.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx