Re: [opensuse] Re: MiniSUSE project page.
  • From: "Peter Flodin" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:37:30 +1000
On 7/8/06, scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to see added into the useage profiles

Monitoring Station - Doesn't have the software modules to run any
"real" applications on itself, it just allows basic monitoring and
reactions of those servers that do to be visable.

or am i looking at the wrong spot?
or worse, am I coming at it from the wrong direction?

It is still very early for this project, and I think there are lots of
things that it can achieve.

I would like to see a true minimal installation, (on lower speced
machines than the normal SUSE). Ability of that minimal installation
to install from any of the normal repositories, but also a miniSUSE
repository where some packages have been minimised in footprint.

I see that it could be the base of many custom versions of SUSE, a
MythTV SUSE, a thinclient SUSE, router SUSE, etc.

Pflodo
Peter Flodin.