Re: [opensuse] Re: MiniSUSE project page.
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 10:00:58 -0500
scsijon wrote:
At 11:08 PM 7/07/2006, you wrote:
On 7/7/06, Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE

I have been having some logo fun on this page.

Where did that openSUSE logo go? :-)

Pflodo
Peter Flodin

\
I would like to see added into the useage profiles

Monitoring Station - Doesn't have the software modules to run any
"real" applications on itself, it just allows basic monitoring and
reactions of those servers that do to be visable.

or am i looking at the wrong spot?
or worse, am I coming at it from the wrong direction?

scsijon

Basic for MiniSUSE is that it is intended for machines with
small memory footprint (64-128MB RAM) even lesser if possible.
The desktops were first in mind, but small low traffic servers, are good idea too. They don't need GUI for applications, They need very basic OS and few software packages.

Look at http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE#Usage Profiles

--
Regards,
Rajko.