Re: [opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:56:52 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Michael Schroeder wrote:

I finally found some time to work a bit on drpmsync. A new version
is available from https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/drpmsync/trunk .

New Features:
- while applydeltarpm is running the next delta is fetched over
the network.
- new --get-filelist and --use-filelist options to save the
filelist to a file or re-use a fetched one.
- new --list and --list-recursive option to list a directory
on the server.
- trailing slashes are stripped from the source directory.

The last point is actually quite important. I plan to make
drpmsync more similar to rsync, this means that

drpmsync server/dir .

will *always* create a subdirectory in one of the next versions.
So you'll need to add '/' or '/.' to your source specifications to
stay compatible.

Planned next steps:
- source handling changes (see above).
- support for mirror servers (i.e. what Robert suggested: Pull
the filelist from the main server, get the deltas from a mirror
server).

This is a very welcomed extension.
This way ftp-1.gwdg.de can contribute.
I would never use the original drpmsync scripting thingies to run a drpmsync service on high-production machines, but I can help to "deliver" the files.

A possible next step would be to use the already very much refined, very sophisticated redirection mechanism of download.opensuse.org.

- exclude and --exclude-arch.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)