[opensuse] New drpmsync Version available
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:46:28 +0200

Hi folks,

I finally found some time to work a bit on drpmsync. A new version
is available from https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/drpmsync/trunk .

New Features:
- while applydeltarpm is running the next delta is fetched over
the network.
- new --get-filelist and --use-filelist options to save the
filelist to a file or re-use a fetched one.
- new --list and --list-recursive option to list a directory
on the server.
- trailing slashes are stripped from the source directory.

The last point is actually quite important. I plan to make
drpmsync more similar to rsync, this means that

drpmsync server/dir .

will *always* create a subdirectory in one of the next versions.
So you'll need to add '/' or '/.' to your source specifications to
stay compatible.

Planned next steps:
- source handling changes (see above).
- support for mirror servers (i.e. what Robert suggested: Pull
the filelist from the main server, get the deltas from a mirror
server).
- exclude and --exclude-arch.

Enjoy,
Michael.