Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] REMINDER: openSUSE Status Meeting 2006/07/04 18:00 CET (16:00 GMT)
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:25:27 -0500
jdd wrote:

> Rajko M wrote:
>
>> What we have in mind is way lesser changes to SUSE concept than SLICK
>> published. There is beginning of http://en.opensuse.org/MicroSUSE
>> that might be one good option, for the name selection (MiniSUSE for
>> instance) and as a base for ideas.
>>
> microsuse was an embedded system, nothing to di with a small suse to
> install everywhere AFAIK

The point was on "base for ideas".
Look MicroSUSE "To do" list, it seems to be the right thing for
underpowered systems. Todays embedded system has power of yesterdays PC.
So there will be a well of ideas how to shrink standard SUSE.

The size that I look for is more large Mini than real Micro :-)

--
Regards,
Rajko.