Re: [opensuse] Re: [opensuse-announce] REMINDER: openSUSE Status Meeting 2006/07/04 18:00 CET (16:00 GMT)
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:25:20 -0500

>>> - Q&A
>>> - from bgerber: Small memory foot print? I would like to have a
>>> version of SUSE Linux with a small memory installation. I know there
>>> are small memory versions, but I like the whole feel of SUSE Linux
>>> and would like a version to run on old systems. Could this be a
>>> community effort with some assistance from SUSE Developers? Guides
>>> on what to do?
>>

>> Sorry, I got a call from a client during the IRC Meeting. I had to
>> assist
>> them. They were in a panic and could not wait. I will post more on this
>> after I create a wiki page with the proposal/ideas.
>
> may be in this corner?
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/SLICK/BASE_CD_project
>
> jdd

It is probably good idea to start from scratch.
SLICK has footprint in the Internet and it would make confusion. The
goals are not the same.

What we have in mind is way lesser changes to SUSE concept than SLICK
published. There is beginning of http://en.opensuse.org/MicroSUSE
that might be one good option, for the name selection (MiniSUSE for
instance) and as a base for ideas.

--
Regards,
Rajko.