[opensuse] Bug in idedma.sh (?)
  • From: Lorenzo Paulatto <paulax@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:08:01 +0200
Hi,
I have configured the system via YaST to enable DMA mode for my
dvd-writer device on /dev/hdc. Now I have noticed (via hdparm) that DMA
is not enables, I have also checked /etc/sysconfig/ide and I found this
line:
DEVICES_FORCE_IDE_DMA="/dev/hdc:on /dev/hdd:on"

I can also say that DMA *is* indeed enabled for the DVD reader on
/dev/hdd. Furthermore if I enable DMA via hdparm on /dev/hdc it works fine.

I think I have found the bug:
in file /lib/udev/idedma.sh, line 19 missing quotes around $1 can cause
the script to fail when enabling DMA form more than one device at a time.

I have fixed it and now it seems to work, I am not 100% sure as testing
it would require many reboots, anyway adding the quotes won't hurt.

Bye

--
Lorenzo `paulatz' Paulatto
Trieste

``Grandissima mi par l'inezia di coloro che vorrebbero che Iddio avesse
fatto l'universo più proporzionato alla piccola capacità del lor discorso.''
--Galileo Galilei (Opere VII)

Sponsor:
Conto Arancio: 3.50% per tutto il 2006! Scopri come
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=5042&d=4-7