Re: [opensuse] new eclipse 3.2 or callisto packages
  • From: Daniel Bornkessel <dbornkessel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 15:54:35 +0200
On Sunday 02 July 2006 17:57, bgerz@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it planned to update eclipse to v3.2 or to
> build the hole callisto project for openSUSE and/or
> SL10.2 or SLES10 ?

It's a little bit early to give a final statement about that now. It's of
course desirable to include the whole callisto project, yes.
It really depends how much new dependencies it will raise and how complicated
it will be to package. However, as there is a new project about packaging
eclipse for Linux it could probably help to ease the packaging process
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Linux_Distributions_Project).

> I did also look into SLES10 RC3(4CDs) and SLED10 RC3(5CDs), but I found no
> Eclipse and only the older SUN Java v1.4.2 there.

Eclipse will be included on the SDK which is not available yet IIRC. You can
however use the package from 10.1.

Regards,
--
Daniel Bornkessel Tel: +49 911 740 53 161
Novell :: SUSE R&D :: Internal Tools / Java Packaging