Re: [SLE] OpenSUSE 10.1 RC3 delta iso released
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:22:46 +0200 (CEST)

El 2006-05-01 a las 15:44 +0200, jdd sur free escribió:

> > It is possible to burn only the first CD, boot with that, then tell yast
> > to use as installation source the image files of the CDs.
> >
> > Also, you can convert to DVD, and burn it to a rewritable dvd. I have used
> > both methods.
> >

> makedvd is buggy with RC3 (new cryptographic thing)
> using other than cd to install is also buggy may or may not
> works...

You probably refer to your email in the opensuse-factory about "rc3 bugs"?

Yes, I had problems, but I completed the update - I installed RC2 fresh,
then the other day updated to RC3 using the DVD, which Houghi says it is
broken, but I don't quite understand why, my symptoms do not seem to be
the same as reported.

Commenting on your other email:

yes, with RC1 I managed to set the install source to the iso file of the
first CD (I had done a text install only, like you). But then it wanted me
to enter CD2, so I told the message box to be verbose and typed a 2
instead of the 1, and it retried... same thing for CD3, etc. I wanted to
retry that on RC3 before filling a bug.

I also had a cryptographic error, but it seemed related to only one
package, not sure which.

I reported this in the opensuse list (I'm not subscribed to
opensuse-factory yet, and I don't really know the difference between both
lists).

- --
Saludos
Carlos Robinson