text formatting under link icons on SuSE 10.0 desktop
  • From: Gil Weber <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:30:26 -0400
Hello, Gurus. Hope someone can help me with an oddity.

On my SuSE 9.3 machine if I drag a file to the desktop and click "link
here" an icon appears on the desktop along with its descriptive text.
That text is italicized. The italicized text makes it easy to
distinguish a link on the desktop from an actual file residing on the
desktop.

However, on my 10.0 machine, when I do the same thing the text under the
link icon is **not** italicized. It looks no different than the text
under an icon of a file that actually resides on the desktop.

Unless this is a known difference between 9.3 and 10.0, I am assuming
there must be a setting somewhere to italicize the icon text that I
have overlooked despite searching. Can anyone point me to where this
customization option might be?

Interestingly, if I drag that link icon to the trash folder and then
look in the trash folder, the linked text **is** italicized. So this
really has me puzzled that it would be italicized but only when in the
trash folder, not when on the desktop.

Thanks, Gurus.
Gil