Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:16:43 +0200
Mánudaginn þann 1 maí 2006 09:31 skrifaði David Wright:

> Currently €1 = $1.26259
> and 1GBP = $1.82435

Aren't we forgetting the relation of strong weak currency, that is if a
currency is as expensive as the British pound, exports are at an all time low
as people "buying" from them have to pay an arm and a leg for a loaf of bred.
While, "worthless" currencies make everybody want to use their cheap labour,
and not to mention they all wanna go there and buy stuff because it's
cheap... lots of plastic stuff for a peanut.

> That was taken from xe.com this morning.
> --
> "I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some
> way to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad
> thing made by men, and by God that's something we can change."
> - The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck

< Previous Next >