Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:45:34 -0400

I need all my lives.
As I was taking off from LZ Uplift with a full load of water for the troops,
a chaplain jumped on, and I did not allow for his added weight. I was also
planning on a different LZ. As I looked at the map, the LZ was the top of a
mountain surrounded on 3 sides by 100 ft. trees. As I was on short final
the wind shifted to a quartering tailwind and I lost tail rotor control and
the aircraft started to rotate as I was approaching the makeshift helipad.
The only casualties were the chaplain (cut ear) and my zippo lighter, and my
peter-pilot's underwear (I was aircraft commander) with my name and unit
crest, and the Huey was in pretty bad shape.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group