Re: [SLE] Firefox & Thunderbird move from Windows to Linux
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 20:15:02 +0100
On 01/05/06, Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to keep my emails / bookmarks from my Windows set-up over to my
Linux installation.

How can I do that?
Will my Thawte certificate still work?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger

It's all dependent on what programs you wish to migrate them from,
Ronald. There are some mailbox formats that will near enough
seemlessly migrate onto a Linux platform. For example, I was able to
transfer all my mailboxes and folder formatting from Pegasus Mail
(WinPmail) in Windows to Kmail in Linux. The bookmarks will be easy,
they are simply in a html file. Put them onto disk (back them up to a
CD which is a good idea anyway) and import them into whatever browser
you want to use.

If you can give us some more information I'm sure we can go into better detail.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire