Re: [SLE] Firefox & Thunderbird move from Windows to Linux
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 21:29:18 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-05-01 at 23:41 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> I want to keep my emails / bookmarks from my Windows set-up over to my Linux
> installation.

Thunderbird or Mozilla mail is easy; you could even use the same folder
when you boot one or the other systems, if you let the windows side be
boss, ie, store them in a fat partition. The trick is telling the linux
side where the mail folders are - normally they are in a folder like
"~/.thunderbird/dcvgs9m1.default/Mail/*", but there is a place where you
can change that easily enough.

As for the configuration itself, I'm not sure, but compare the directories
from one and the other, and you will find which files you need to copy
over, or symlink: in linux you can symlink one file to some other place.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson