Re: [SLE] Firefox & Thunderbird move from Windows to Linux
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 12:30:33 -0700
> On 5/1/06, Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > It's all dependent on what programs you wish to migrate them from,
>
> lol!
>
> I've often found that having information ONLY in the subject line,
> leads to its being missed. I think in this case, Kevanf1, you missed
> the subject line material.
>
> FireFox bookmarks are, as you said, easy ... just copy bookmark.htm
> over to the new setup and import.
>
> Thunderbird, I would guess, would be the same. But, I am not sure
> since I do not use it.

I'm not sure about the certificates since I never use them, but I had no
issues copying (for that is what it is) my Thunderbird information from
a Win2K drive to a shared drive used by both Win2K and SuSE (9.2). I
then copied the thunderbird information intact over to my 9.3 laptop and
imported all the files into KMail. Again, not a problem.

HTH!

--
kai ponte
www.perfectreign.com || www.livebeans.com

linux - genuine windows replacement part

  • No further messages