Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:28:25 -0400
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Saturday 29 April
2006 9:42 pm, Orn E. Hansen wrote:
> Laugardaginn þann 29 apríl 2006 17:17 skrifaði suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx:
> > It's the office supply companies and general public and such that
> > still call 14" legal.
>
> Well, obviously, since A4 or 14" papers aren't legal ... how on
> earth do we ever expect Americans to adopt our systems. We can't
> expect them to accept our non-legal ways, can we.
>
> I find the topic, half humorous ... half silly. Unlike dogs, we
> "humans" or at least the definition of human, states we are not
> limited to a mere subset of communication skills, or commando
> interpretation capability. Which means, we shouldn't have problem
> with being able to handle both and tell the difference.

Yes, but you are assuming that ppl pay ATTENTION and actually do
something besides click on the next button in the printer setup, or
even in the gui printer window that pops up when you click the print
button or word in a program.
;-)

"There's a woman goin' crazy on Caroline Street Stoppin' every man that
she does meet
Sayin' if you'll be gentle if you'll be sweet I'll show you my place on
Caroline Street" Song lyric

< Previous Next >