Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans! (Japanese)more
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 22:34:20 -0400
At 10:05 PM 5/1/2006 -0400, Doug McGarrett wrote:

/snip/

A few messages come up in an Asian font. It occurs to me, that a few
days before this started, I went to the setup routine for KMail, and
tried a few different fonts, in order to get the screen image and the
print to work better. (I wound up returning (I hope) the font to
its original situation.) Is it possible that I inadvertantly activated
this goofy font, and that some trigger in the incoming message causes
the Asian font to be activated, instead of Roman? If that's the case,
it ought to be fairly simple to fix, if I knew where to look and what
to change. And what to turn off, if it's turned on.

>I need some guru to tell me what's going on, and how to fix it. I
>suppose I could reinstall SuSE, and go thru all the customizing things
>again, but I really don't want to. And who knows if it would even solve
>the problem?

/snip/