Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 23:39:01 -0700
Hi,

On Monday 01 May 2006 13:36, jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Note, country Identifications are NOT Racial.. there are only a few
> "Races" in the world. It is a very broad "class characteristic"
> IIRC Rather like "animal, vegetable, or mineral"

I suppose I shouldn't do this, but, I have lapses in judgement...

There is only one race of humans. Homo sapiens. There is no biological
basis for what we refer to as race. The tiny handful of genes that are
responsible for ethnic characteristics are but a miniscule fraction of
our genome and all the rest of the genome mixes and flows throughout
humanity without respect to those genes that produce externally visible
phenotypic differences.

You want to know what racism is? It's the belief that there is such a
thing as race.

Randall Schulz