Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 09:20:56 +0200
You want to know what racism is? It's the belief that there is such a
thing as race.

Tell that to the people making the laws in the country I live in - no
I'm not going to say what country it is - suffice to say that the
problems in the country seen to be always blamed on a specific race or
ethnicity that is a very visible minority here. They are going so far
as to make laws that are specifically targetted at certain enthic
groups.

It's sad that people can't learn from history and realise that, as you
said, there are only people... that despite small physical variations,
we are all the same... we are all human and we need to look after each
other if we have any hope of surviving.

All we can do as individuals is try our best to be open and care for
those around us. I try my best to do my part - including travelling
the world (and living in various countries/continents) to learn how
people live in other parts of the world. It's been the best education
I could have given myself and has really opened my eyes to the reality
of life.

Now... if only we could convince everyone to use SUSE :-) Ha ha