Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:53:56 +0100
On Monday 01 May 2006 23:49, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
> Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> > On Sunday 30 April 2006 3:46 pm, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > Actually, nuts and bolts in general are the most obvious manifestation of
> > the problem. You can get around some incompatibilities by having two
> > sets of wrenches, but that doesn't help if you need to attach a metric
> > nut to an English bolt.
>
> Actually, the problem is all-pervasive. For example, I'm working
> on a bedroom/bathroom renovation that required my visiting the
> local hardware store (Home Depot) for some parts. I purchased
> some ABS plastic pipe fittings (3 and 1.5 inches), some plywood
> (5/8-inches thick) and some

> sheetrock (wallboard) (4 x 8 feet x
What i would like to know is where the dickens this name came from sheetrock
what do you do get a hack saw with a 12 foot blade and cut some rock from the
Quarry into sheets ..?..

BTW plasterboard 2 sheets of heavy cardboard with a mixture of Gypsum and
other compounds fillint the gap between the sheets of Cardboard

16 inches is the normal spacing if you look at most decent tape rules you will
also see the metric size marked on it as well the little black dots every
400 mm if memory serves

you mean of course 12mm not 1/2 inch easy to solve thats why you Skim a
wall like that with fine plaster
1 to give a nice smooth finish
2 make up for slight diffeerances in thickness ect holes where some clutz has
smashed the nail in to hard ect ect ect

> 1/2-inch). All of these various parts had to match existing
> structure, including the sheetrock which goes on studs spaced
> every 16-inches

not going on but just a particular gripe of mine these walls peopl put up
expecting not to plaster them it's a cowboy way of doing things IMHO YMMV

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as
it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of
security while you are actually being fucked.

from GSM