Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans! (Japanese)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 11:20:02 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-05-01 at 22:05 -0400, Doug McGarrett wrote:

> I need some guru to tell me what's going on, and how to fix it. I
> suppose I could reinstall SuSE, and go thru all the customizing things
> again, but I really don't want to. And who knows if it would even solve
> the problem?

Then you probably need to start a new thread, because most of the gurus
will probably be ignoring this OT one by now.

I would look at the language setup in kde or gnome (which ever you use)
and of the mail program you use.

> and then the screen blacked out. Is the screen saver supposed to be
> consistent, or is it supposed to be different every time? (As I futz
> with it, I guess it _is_ supposed to be different.)

It is supposed to be what you tell it to be. You have selected "random"
screensaver.

> I have mentioned elsewhere, that one cannot rely on the date that that
> computer thinks is "today." It can be off by years either way. This
> evening, after the shutdown and reboot, it still knows the date and time,
> however.

And to that, I already advised what to do, many times in this list and
elsewhere, and I told you to search for it. For example:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Mar/3273.html

Subject: Re: [SLE] time is running far too fast (2 yrs ahead in 1 week)

- --
Cheers,