Re: [SLE] Firefox and CUPS: a bad interaction
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Apr 29 00:29 Paul W. Abrahams wrote (shortened):
> I picked it up as a tarball from the Mozilla.com website. I've assumed that
> SuSE isn't keeping up with the fast pace of new releases of Firefox for
> security reasons. Am I wrong about that?

Yes ;-)

It depends what you mean with "Suse".
Officially we cannot simply update Mozilla/Firefox all the time
because other stuff depends on a particular Mozilla/Firefox version
(browser plugins, other browsers which use Mozilla/Firefox engines, ...)

But non-officially we are very up to date:
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/mozilla/

Please note that we don't provide support for those packages.
Nevertheless those packages should normally work better for you
than self-compiled software.

Kind Regards,
Johannes Meixner
--