Re: [SLE] text formatting under link icons on SuSE 10.0 desktop
  • From: Gil Weber <gil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 07:42:48 -0400
On Mon May 1 2006 1:48 pm, Goksin Akdeniz wrote:
> > However, on my 10.0 machine, when I do the same thing the text
> > under the link icon is **not** italicized. It looks no different
> > than the text under an icon of a file that actually resides on the
> > desktop.
>
> The desktop icon linking the document or directory is symbolized with
> an arrow. The arrow is at the bottom on the left corner oh the icon.
> (with default icon theme)

I don't have an arrow on my desktop link icons on either the 9.3 or
10.0 machines. Both are set up the same way (as far as I know). I have
used custom icons (e.g., for spreadsheets, text documents, etc.), but I
am still using the default SuSE icons in KDE control center >
appearance and themes > icons.

> > Unless this is a known difference between 9.3 and 10.0, I am
> > assuming there must be a setting somewhere to italicize the icon
> > text that I have overlooked despite searching. Can anyone point me
> > to where this customization option might be?
>
> I prefer KDE so I can guide you to KDE settings. All KDE settings are
> in KDE Control Center. Click Look and Feel section, then icons. You
> will see icon themes. You may customize the icon theme. The look
> changes with the icon theme.

I cannot find "Look and Feel." I have looked everywhere in the KDE
control center in both 9.3 and 10.0. I must be blind. Please tell me
where it is located.

> > Interestingly, if I drag that link icon to the trash folder and
> > then look in the trash folder, the linked text **is** italicized.
> > So this really has me puzzled that it would be italicized but only
> > when in the trash folder, not when on the desktop.
>
> This is due to icon theme, I suppose. I tried many different themes
> and all acted different. I can advice only try to find out the right
> icon theme for you.
>
> I hope I may be of help
> Goksin Akdeniz

Thanks! Gil