Re: [SLE] Changing hardware IRQ's
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 15:21:34 +0200
Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 29/04/06 07:21, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

I have a 9.2 system here where the network card(Realtek 8139) and the
on-board sound have the same IRQ.

If either of the devices is a busmaster, then it should not matter if
they share the irq. One of my network cards is a busmaster, and my sound
card, both network cards, and USB are all on the same irq with no problems.

Would moving eth0 to a different PCI slot help?

If it is a busmaster, the preferred place is in slot 0.
And I would easily be able to pick up that the device is a busconductor ie how do I determine this?