RE: [SLE] Warning to Americans!

[...]
> > > Now there is another thing.... "liters" instead of (in
> proper English)
> > > "litres" and "center" instead of (in proper English) "centre".
> >
> > Um, that'd be the proper _French_ spelled approximately as she is
> > pronounced, no?
> >
> > Unless, perhaps, you are saying that your proper h'english
> pronunciation
> > is LIT-rez?
> >

> Na, liter just looks like somebody illiterate tried to write
> litter :-D

I'm just saying... Brits are about the last people to
be talking about proper spelling (Chumley, indeed), and
there's a different sound from "...ter" versus "...tre".
The French, at least, get that much (I guess, it was
either that or economics... they couldn't get both).

<gdrdarbh&h>

(Grinning, ducking, running, digging a really big hole and hiding)

Kevin