RE: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: "Kai Ponte" <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 08:06:50 -0700
> Now there is another thing.... "liters" instead of (in
> proper English)
> "litres" and "center" instead of (in proper English) "centre".

In defense of the Brits, I just was looking at a 1969 brochure for a
Ford car. In it was written, "powered by a 5 litre (302 c.i.d) engine."

So there you have it - an American brochure spelling the word with the
"e" at the end.

Wrangling this post back on-topic, I'm curious if the OP was able to set
his/her printer correctly. Now that we've determined the world is non-
standard, I'm guessing the person should make sure the default paper
size is set to whatever the locally accepted version is.

--
kai