Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:32:02 +0100

> >On 02/05/06, Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Well, it's also a cheaper way of doing things. Plastering in all but
> >> custom homes probably went away in the 1970's in the US (correct me
> >> if I'm wrong!). Would you spend perhaps $20,000 or more for true
> >> plastered walls in your house?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Lew Wolfgang
> >
> >Yes, it's quite normal here in the UK. I'm surprised that it has been
> >phased out in the US.>
>
> I think what the writer was referring to was not spackling between the
> joints of the plasterboard. No, real plaster on thin wooden boards
> (lath) probably has not been done in the US since the 40's.
> What plasterboard requires is spackle and tape at the joints.
> I can't imagine not doing that.
>
> --dm

Dont you mean Taped and Skimmed .. :-) ...

All plasterboard needs skimming before decorating else when you strip the
decoration of your choice off it damages the board then you need new
boards ..

Sorta makes sense to skim the palsterboards before you do any decorating
saves a few quid/dollars in the long run as well ..

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as
it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of
security while you are actually being fucked.

from GSM