Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:34:26 +0200
"Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tuesday 02 May 2006 05:00 am, Kevanf1 wrote:
>> I am now starting to think
>> that SuSE will actually begin to push Gnome over and above KDE in the
>> near future.  If this happens I truly believe it will be a big
>> mistake.
>
> I think SuSE wants to go Gnome-only. They are half-heartedly continuing to
> include it for now, because of user complaints, but I won't be surprised to
> see them drop it entirely after a while, or at least relegate it to a status
> of near-oblivion.

We're supporting both GNOME and KDE - and just look at the current
SUSE Linux 10.1 RCs, it contains both a good KDE and a good GNOME.
The change is that with 10.1 we have - compared to e.g. 9.1 - not one
but two desktops that we take special care of.

There might be individuals - inside and outside of Novell - that would
like a GNOME or KDE distribution, but the commitment for SUSE Linux is
to support both,

Andreas