Re: [SLE] Warning to Americans!(now going OT)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 01:56:27 +0200 (CEST)

The Wednesday 2006-05-03 at 22:17 +0200, Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> While electrolysis may be a very poor way of producing hydrogen, heat is
> not. Heat, as an energy form, is in abundance in many places and can be
> easily used to catalyst the transition of water to hydrogen+oxygen.

The "transition of water to hydrogen+oxygen", as you say, uses a lot of
energy, in whatever form you use it, be it electricity, heat, whatever.

Remember you can only transform energy, not create it. You will only get
from hydrogen engines of any sort at most the same energy you used to
generate that hydrogen.

> Transportation of hydrogen as a fuel, is by no means a bigger problem, than
> oil.

Yes, ¬°it is! Much bigger. Specifically, "bigger", as in size.

I will not go further to explain why because it is OT.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson
< Previous Next >