Re: [SLE] Re: GNOME vs KDE Redoux
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 07:44:27 -0400
Alexey Eremenko wrote:
If you knew how to swim in windows (ie, compile, use makefiles, etc), then
it is not so dificult. You have to change your swiming style, that's all.

Windows users *do not* compile anything. They buy or download.
This ex-Windows user did. A lot of security tools (the good ones) and exploits come only as C code to prevent the average script kiddie from using it. I have also compiled my own programs with Windows. Generally speaking though, most Windows users do as you say.

- James W.