mysql and php
  • From: "Cody Nelson" <codynelson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 16:45:20 -0600
Tryign to get some scripts to work in PHP, and the yare not working,
one package I tried (PHPBB 2) installing gives me the error "he PHP
configuration on your server doesn't support the database type that
you chose"

Well after some digging, it seams that for what ever reason novel
decided to ship php4 with --without-mysql, dispite the fact that most
people who use php are using it because the ywant an easy way to
access the database.

The php.ini shows extention=mysql.so (wich makes me think it should work)

So now I am stuck, how do I get this to work? I have been all over
looking for RPMS, I really would prefer to do it with an RPM. (since
compiling it takes about 20 hrs to install all the needed programs
,and then libarries, and then in theend it breaks the rpm database
somehow)

How can I make this work? I haven't been able to get anything that
needs a database to work. and it use to be so easy with suse 9.1 (a
lot of things was easy, and came standard back then, such as websql,
etc)

So please help!