Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:54:33 +0700
Remember vaguely that it was discussed on the list but was unable to find it
back. Googled and also no usable results.
I changed recently from 9.3 to 10.0 and I am really pleased with the speed of
10.0
The only main problem which remains after making 10.0 my default program is
that Skype does not work anymore. This happened also sometimes with 9.3 but a
rerunning of the Skype was in most cases enough to get a connection. In 10.0
the message is without change "problem with sound device".
Has somebody a workaround? Read in Google that the problem is mainly Skype
(not open source ;) ) which seems to use Open Sound System. I use
Alsamixergui (only because I like that GUI) and and in the Control Center I
have it set the select audio device to Selfdetect.
I have tried to set it to OSS and to Treaded OSS (whatever that is) to no
avail.
Any help is more than welcome.