Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 10:29:27 -0400
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 10:13, Clayton wrote:
> Not a software solution... but... it worked for me to change my way of
> using Skype.

Hi Clayton,

Care to share a model number, since the one you bought is known to work? I
haven't had the problems that you two have experienced, but I've switched to
wireless headphones (no mic) and my desktop mic is broken. I gave my wired
headset (with mic) to my daughter but it worked flawlessly with Skype on this
system. If I can, I'd like to avoid rearranging plugs every time I use Skype.

Thanks & regards,

Carl

Also, Constant, you wrote:
> In 10.0 the message is without change "problem with sound device".

As a quick test, move your ~/.Skype directory to .oldskype and see if the
"fresh" install clears this up. It could be the 9.3 sound configuration isn't
compatible with 10.0

Carl

< Previous Next >