Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 21:48:00 +0700
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 21:29, Carl Hartung wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 10:13, Clayton wrote:
> > Not a software solution... but... it worked for me to change my way of
> > using Skype.
>
> Hi Clayton,
>
> Care to share a model number, since the one you bought is known to work? I
> haven't had the problems that you two have experienced, but I've switched
> to wireless headphones (no mic) and my desktop mic is broken. I gave my
> wired headset (with mic) to my daughter but it worked flawlessly with Skype
> on this system. If I can, I'd like to avoid rearranging plugs every time I
> use Skype.
>
> Thanks & regards,
>
> Carl
>
> Also, Constant, you wrote:
> > In 10.0 the message is without change "problem with sound device".
>
> As a quick test, move your ~/.Skype directory to .oldskype and see if the
> "fresh" install clears this up. It could be the 9.3 sound configuration
> isn't compatible with 10.0

Dear Carl,
Will do a reinstall. Started in the meantime Skype in console and got the info

ioctl set fragment: Invalid argument
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp-1: Device or resource busy

After the first line ioctl set fragment the following lines are repeated for
every try to connect. Can you do something with this info?

< Previous Next >