Re: [SLE] Re: [SWLUG] Re: [SLE] Configuring Apache for php on SuSE 9.3 Pro
  • From: peter <apvx95@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 20:41:47 +0100
Replies interspersed ...

Patrick Shanahan wrote:

suggests two (multiple) entries ...
I would delete the just added entry as it appears to have already been
present.

Done. And the error disappears on restart.

How are you attempting to display the php files?

http://localhost/index.php

Just a Hello World! file, i.e.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>
PHP Test
</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?php print "<h1>Hello World!</h1>" ?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

http://localhost/self.php
cat /srv/www/htdocs/self.php
<?
phpinfo()
?>

Should display your php configuration

As should index.php display "Hello World!" :-)

But I created it, just to try ... and unfortunately all I get is Firefox telling me I'm trying to open a php script, and would I like to use a text editor to do so, as I do with my index.php script.

:-(

Could it be a permissions thing? The default httpd.conf has an entry that says something like "Deny All", and the htdocs directory is 755 root:root. But I would have expected "Access Denied" from Apache if it was a permissions problem ...

Peter

< Previous Next >