Re: [SLE] Skype sound problems in 10.0
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:52:08 +0100
On Thursday 11 May 2006 18:16, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 23:47, Carl Hartung wrote
>
> Well, here is the result of l ds* gives following
>
> :/dev> l ds*
>
> crw-rw-rw- 1 cbvn audio 14, 3 2006-05-11 21:02 dsp
> crw------- 1 cbvn audio 14, 19 2006-05-11 21:02 dsp1
>
> No dsp-1 so I really do not know where that comes from.
> The Skype instalation is total fresh after deleting in Yast from the the
> last install and the soundcard is newly configured. Just found out that my
> email notification is not working ;(.
> In console the skype command is calling the local skype setup so I assume
> dsp-1 must be found somewhere there.
> Or could that be hiding somewhere in the etc local config?

I have just looked in the latest version of Skype whic is the one i run on all
my machines and can see no trace of "/dev/dsp-1" at all there has got to be
some corruption creaping in from some old config somewhere that is causing
all this .

This could be a bumpy ride trying to find it ..check in
"/root/.Skype/yourusername" make sure it is not in there somewhere

HTH

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed their emblem from a rose to a condom as
it more accurately reflects the government's political stance.

A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next
generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of
security while you are actually being fucked.

from GSM

< Previous Next >