Re: [SLE] 10.1
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:05:44 -0400
On Monday 08 May 2006 6:46 pm, Marshall Lake wrote:
> > Once again, Novel/SUSE hasn't announced the release and pre-order of
> > SUSE 10.0 on it's web site. It's supposed to start shipping on May
> > 11.....according the person I spoke with at Novel today.
>
> (I assume that should be 10.1 rather than 10.0.)
>
> This announcement makes me raise the question ... for someone who
> purchased 10.0 and has (auto-) kept up with the updates are there any
> advantages to purchasing 10.1 ?

In my opinion, yes......nice improvements in graphics, etc. I did find the
order site, (although who ever the dunce who does the web pages for Novell
has it buried), and ordered 10.1 today. This has been one of the VERY real
problems for SUSE for a long time - before being bought by Novell. They've
never known how to do marketing nor web pages when announcing a new product.

Fred

--
Paid purchaser of ALL SuSE Linux releases since 6.x