Re: [SLE] 10.1
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:16:45 -0400
into electronic streams flowing thru the cosmos On Friday 12 May 2006
4:05 pm, Russbucket wrote:
> On Friday 12 May 2006 12:32, Jack Malone wrote:
> > >In my opinion, yes......nice improvements in graphics, etc. I did
> > > find the order site, (although who ever the dunce who does the
> > > web pages for Novell has it buried), and ordered 10.1 today. This
> > > has been one of the VERY real problems for SUSE for a long time -
> > > before being bought by Novell. They've never known how to do
> > > marketing nor web pages when announcing a new product.
> >
> > I too found 10.1 today an have it on order. It was buried like fred
> > says. For a new person looking to get it from Novell they would get
> > discouraged an look for something else if they had to order it from
> > them. I find the novell website very difficult to deal with too.

<snip> Yup, good old Digital River strikes again.. I had hoped Novell
would get a company to do this type of thing other than them. ( Digital
River) As long as I can remember getting an order, much less a pre
order page that works as one assumes it would be intended has been an a
way to check one's sanity or the control one might have which keeps one
from screaming and throwing anything to hand !

Novell's own pages aren't exactly pretty to see, but they do , usually,
do the job , you get whatever information you expect.. excluding the
recent mislabelling of the link to order the 10.1 box. ( as 10.0 , in
the event they have fixed the link label by now)

"There's a woman goin' crazy on Caroline Street Stoppin' every man that
she does meet
Sayin' if you'll be gentle if you'll be sweet I'll show you my place on
Caroline Street" Song lyric

< Previous Next >