Re: [SLE] SuSE interview Greg Mancusi-Ungaro
  • From: Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:59:40 -0700
Am Freitag, den 12.05.2006, 20:03 -0400 schrieb James Knott:

> Although I also prefer KDE, one thing to bear in mind, is that
> enterprise users often need simple. I do computer support for a living
> and to call some users "idiots" is to be kind. ;-)

I've had my share of apparently dumb computer users. The ones who cause
most problems are the users who believe they know everything (better). I
vividly remember having to help out my boss when he broke his [enter
arbitrary application here] again.

In such a scenario gnome with defaults is actually "maintenance
friendlier" than KDE, which allows the user to spend hours tweaking the
various aspects of the desktop.

> There are some really dumb users. Some of them even make George Bush
> look sharp! ;-)

you're a canuck, eh? :P
--
Gruß