Re: [SLE] Remind me never to use this torrent stuff
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:11:50 -0600
On 12/05/06 20:24, kai wrote:
>I started dowloading the 10.1 using this torrent source thing. I'd downloaded
>a few things before and figured it would be good to both serve and get.
>
>Man what a mess. I left my laptop on all night, expecting the 3GB torrent to
>be finished.

<snip>

Increase the numbers of uplinks and downlinks you allow (particularly
the latter), increase the available bandwidth again particularly for
downlinks, and increase the bandwidth per connection. I think the
defaults in most torrent clients are rather low, they are in Azureus IIRC.

In Azureus, you can do all this on a per-torrent basis, with a
right-click on various fields in the information box(es).