Re: [SLE] Remind me never to use this torrent stuff
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 11:30:01 +0100
On 13/05/06, kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 12 May 2006 07:52 pm, Jack Malone wrote:
> At 09:24 PM 5/12/2006, kai wrote:
> >I started dowloading the 10.1 using this torrent source thing. I'd
> > downloaded a few things before and figured it would be good to both serve
> > and get.
> >
> >Man what a mess. I left my laptop on all night, expecting the 3GB torrent
> > to be finished.
>
> I got both the 386 an the 64bit in little over 7 hours for each. not
> sure what your problem is but it worked fine for me to get both of them.

I dunno - It has been a bit more than an hour and a half and I've gotten three
of the iso's downloaded. I'm just about to start on iso4 and five.

go figure.

I know a lot of people who have given up on the Torrent system.
Myself included. This, despite optimising the uploads and downloads
as stated. I now tend to wait a few weeks and then download via good
old fashioned ftp. I leave it those few weeks so as not to overload
any servers.

Yes, I have tried the Torrents after a couple of weeks or so too.
Supposedly there are more seeds then.....hmmmm, not here there
weren't.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay